Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] upgrade from E120 to Axiom Pro will my older radar etc work
11-14-18, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-18 03:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] upgrade from E120 to Axiom Pro will my older radar etc work
Hello,

I need to replace my E120. I would like to use an Axiom Pro RVX. I am hoping my older electronics will work so I can change items one at a time instead of all at once.

Connected devices:
B258 transduce to DSM 300
ST70 Auto Pilot
4 foot 4 kw HD Digital radar
SR100 SIRIUS weather system
125 GPS receiver

Can you tell me if these items will work with the Axiom Pro RVX.

If additional information is needed please let me know.

Thank you very much,
RD
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-18, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-18 04:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] upgrade from E120 to Axiom Pro will my older radar etc work
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum RD,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Of the devices listed, the open array radar pedestal, fishfinder transducer (see the corresponding section of the FAQ referenced above), and ST70 autopilot control head may be interfaced to Axiom Pro RV MFD. The Raystar 125 GPS Sensor may be adapted to be mated to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone or may instead be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 interface of the Axiom Pro MFD. If supplied with the model of autopilot course computer which is presently installed onboard, further information may be provided regarding its compatibility. The DSM300 and SR100 cannot be use with a MFD running LightHouse 3 software. It would typically be recommended that unless seeking RealVision sonar capabilities and on will be installing a RV transducer(s), that an Axiom Pro S MFD and a CP470 be purchased to provide fishfinding features and performance which will be similar to the currently owned system. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, the SR100 must be replace with a SR150 Sirius Satellite Weather / Radio Receiver.
11-14-18, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-18 07:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,

Thank you for the quick and very informative response. I have started reading the link to FAQ. I am not sure about the auto pilot cumputer. I will get to the boat in the next few days to see. The previous owner didn't have anything about the computer. And I must have missed it when looking for items under the console.

I've learned more in an hour than I knew after many hours of digging around.

Again thanks for the information seems I have a purchase to make soon!

Thank you
RD
11-15-18, 09:11 AM
RD,

You're welcome. From the autopilot course computer's product ID / serial number, you should be able to ascertain the model of autopilot computer which is installed onboard. The latter may be accessed without searching the boat for they course computer. Instead, the Diagnostics feature of the autopilot control head may be used to gain this information about the autopilot (MENU->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT PILOT).
11-19-18, 08:48 AM
I made it to the boat and found the course computer.

It is Raymarine Smart Pilot X10

I aslo checked on the controller:
Product ID: E1219
ser#: 0700332
desc: NGCC Smart Pilot

Thank you,
RD
11-19-18, 09:49 AM
RD,

The currently installed SPX autopilot may indeed be used with and Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD. However, before removing the currently installed MFD, it is recommended that the MFD be updated with v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software and that it be interfaced as a spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to then permit the software within the software within ST70 Autopilot Control Head and SPX autopilot course computer to also be updated. Alternatively, these components may be updated by a Certified Raymarine Installer or may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be receive software updates. When interfaced to the new MFD running LightHouse 3 software, the autopilot will be able to track to a waypoint and follow a route by using the autopilot's control head to command the autopilot into Auto, Track, and Standby modes in much the same way that had been supported with the currently installed E-Series Classic MFD. From an installation standpoint, interfacing the MFD running LightHouse 3 software to the autopilot would simply require that the MFD's NMEA 2000 socket be interfaced as a spur to the aforementioned backbone.