Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] [CA11] AWA reported by MFD, MFID, or ST60 Graphic differs from ST60/ST60+ Wind Inst.
11-14-18, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-18 03:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] AWA reported by MFD, MFID, or ST60 Graphic differs from ST60/ST60+ Wind Inst.
AWA reported by MFD, i70/i70S/ST70 MFID, or ST60/ST60+ Graphic differs from ST60/ST60+ Wind Instrument

When the subject symptom is reported, one should first verify that the ST60/ST60+ Wind instrument has been configured to display apparent wind data instead of true wind data (i.e. both devices have been configured to display wind of the same reference frame). If so and the symptom persists, then the ST60/ST60+ Wind Instrument's pointer would be deemed to be out of alignment or possibly to have failed, as the MFD, i70/i70S/ST70 MFID, or ST60/ST60+ Graphic devices are designed to simply repeat apparent wind data which the devices has received via its SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface or its SeaTalk communications interface. The ST60/ST60+ Wind instrument has built-in self-test functions to aid fault diagnosis. Stage 3 of the self-test feature may be used to realign the pointer of the ST60/ST60+ Wind Instrument. To access self-test mode:

A. Press Key 1 and Key 4 together for 4 seconds.

B. When the unit beeps, immediately press Key 3 and Key 4 together momentarily. The unit will enter self-test stage 1. The unit should display S t followed by T1.

C. Press Key 1 and Key 2 together momentarily to progress to self-test stage 2. The pointer will rotate continuously.

D. When the pointer has completed at least one rotation, press Key 1 and Key 2 together momentarily to progress to self-test stage 3.

E. Self-test stage 3: This stage is to set up pointer offset and corrections. On entry the LCD will show T3 and then indicate the position to which the pointer should be positioned to adjust for pointer offset.

.....a. Momentary presses of Key 1 will rotate the pointer clockwise to align with the major graduations. Should there be any misalignment repeatedly press Key 3 for anti-clockwise or Key 4 for clockwise adjustment until correct alignment is obtained on all major graduations.

.....b. On completion of correction adjustments press Key 1 and Key 2 together momentarily to progress to self-test stage 4

F. To exit self-test and store pointer corrections press Key 1 and Key 2 together for 2 seconds. If storage of pointer corrections is not required press Key 1 and Key 2 together momentarily to exit.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed