Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] A97 MFD not showing AIS targets
11-19-18, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-18 11:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] A97 MFD not showing AIS targets
Hi

I have just installed a A97 MFD. I have connected a Matsutec AIS via nema on port No 2. I have set  Baud rate to 38400 in MFD.

MFD shows AIS icon on home screen as "Silent" even if I turn off Silent mode. The MFD alarms for AIS close targets, in line with AIS.

No AIS targets are shown on MFD screen, but alarming for targets correctly.

How do I get AIS targets to show on MFD ?  I take it the silent mode is changeable and should show on home screen.

Any help offered much appricated.

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-18, 11:21 AM
RE: [CA11] A97 MFD not showing AIS targets
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Wildwind,

Q1. MFD shows AIS icon on home screen as "Silent" even if I turn off Silent mode. The MFD alarms for AIS close targets, in line with AIS.
A1. LightHouse II and LightHouse 3 software are not designed to neither detect nor control the Silent Mode state of third party AIS transceivers. By default, the AIS icon will denote that the third party AIS transceiver is in Silent Mode.

Q2. No AIS targets are shown on MFD screen, but alarming for targets correctly.
A2. It is recommended that you verify that the MFD is operating with LightHouse II v19.03 software (the final LightHouse II software update), and if not that its software be updated accordingly. When operating with the latest LightHouse II software, the AIS Overlay feature (MENU->PRESENTATION->OVERLAYS) must be configured ON within each Chart application page/pane in which one desires to view AIS targets. Additionally, the MFD must be receiving a GPS position FIX either from its internal GPS receiver or from an external GPS source (ex. Raystar 130/150 GPS sensor, etc.).
11-19-18, 06:49 PM
Hi Chuck

Many many thanks....very simple fix when you know how.

Cheers

David
11-20-18, 05:37 AM
Hi David,
You're welcome

Chuck