Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(DG) Axiom 9 Simulator mode
03-25-18, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-18 07:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question (DG) Axiom 9 Simulator mode
Is there a safe way to use my new Axiom 9 connected to a battery in simulator mode without it being in water?
Scott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-18, 09:42 AM
RE: (DG) Axiom 9 Simulator mode
Hi Scott,

When in simulator mode the transducer does not ping, so the display can be explored safely and without interfering with anything else, just make sure you use a suitable in-line fuse between the battery and the display.

Regards
03-27-18, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-18 07:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
What size fuse should be used as I will be wiring this to a switch on the panel on my boat and was trying to find out what size fuse to use in my electric fuse panel?

Also would this be the same size fuse as using an in-line fuse off the boat while using the simulator mode and do I need to connect a transducer and cable if I am only using simulator mode?
03-29-18, 05:08 AM
HI 1851DC

In simulator mode there is no need for the transducer to be connected.

When installed onboard the fuse recommended is 7A as per the handbook, this would be used both onboard the boat and when testing off the boat.

Regards
03-29-18, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-18 08:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Derek,

Thank you for this information.

Scott
03-30-18, 08:57 AM
You're welcome.
11-16-18, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-18 11:02 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi.
I have a Raymarine Axiom 7 RV and Transducer Raymarine RV-100.
Suddenly i found out that the sonar does'nt work on the MFD. Like it does'nt exist. Even in the simulation mode that was working without the transducer. When i try to enter in the simulation mode i see "no sonar source avaivable". I did a lot of testing by putting and removing the cables and with a brand new battery. I guess the built-in sonar stopped working on the MFD but i don't know why. What do you think?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-19-18, 11:09 AM
Hi olga

Thank you for your enquiry.

The screen warning suggests there is an issue with the Sonar board in the AXIOM, what version of software is the AXIOM operating at? Check it is the latest version and if not - update it, check the problem still remains.

The current version can be found here along with the instructions on how to download and install the software.

If the problem still remains, then the unit will need to be checked out by the local Raymarine service Dealer.

Regards
Derek
11-19-18, 05:11 PM
Hi again. I have the latest version. I have already sent it to the authorised dealer. Thanks.
11-20-18, 05:19 AM
Hi olga,

OK, I am sure they can sort it out for you,
regards

Derek