Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Enabling accurate wind data
12-12-18, 02:53 PM
RE: [CA11] Enabling accurate wind data
Mystery,

Q1. All I want to be able to tell is wind speed and direction while underway. I like to compare it to what was forecast. So that does seem to fit your Ground wind definition.
A1. Indeed, forecasts do not include apparent wind data, they include apparent wind data. As indicated within my initial response, you will need to configure the Databar, Databoxes, and/or Data application cells in which you desire to view ground wind data to simply display ground wind direction and/or ground wind speed.

The a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs support the following three options for displaying ground wind data by your system:
- Customize the MFD's Databar to add Water Temperature
- Configure the application to display a Databox which has been configured to display Water Temperature
- Customize one of data cells within a Data application data panel to display Water Temperature.

Information concerning these data related features maybe found within the latest version of the LightHouse Multifunction Displays Operation Instructions.

The procedures below specifies how a Databox may be displayed and then populated with ground wind data. The MFD supports displaying up to two databoxes with an application (ex. Chart, Fishfinder, Radar, Weather, etc.) page/pane. Within the application being viewed use the following command sequence:
1. Select MENU->PRESENTATION->OVERLAYS->DATABOXES->DATABOX 1 (or Databox 2)->ON.
2. Select MENU->PRESENTATION->OVERLAYS->DATABOXES->SELECT DATA (menu option beneath Databox 1 or Databox 2)->WIND->GWD & GWS

The procedures below specifies how to customize the Databar to display the Water Temp data item:
1. Select HOME->CUSTOMIZE->DATABAR SET-UP->EDIT DATABAR
2. Select the Databar cell to be modified
3. Select WIND->GWD & GWS from the Select Data menu
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Enabling accurate wind data - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-12-18 02:53 PM