Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrade options
01-21-19, 01:57 PM
RE: [CA11] Upgrade options
Got the upgrade done (except the Quantum Radar part) and all works well hardware-wise. Thanks for your help.

The Navionics chart card I bought works great, but the Lighthouse II chart card displays the terrain, but none of the chart datum when I switched cards.

Is there an initialization process for the Lighthouse II charts? This card came with the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-19, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-19 11:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum serenisea,

Nothing configuration settings need be performed to view chart data from a LightHouse Chart card other than to ensure each of the following:
- the microSD memory card containing the LightHouse Charts has been inserted into the microSD memory card reader of one of the system's MFDs or into a Raymarine remote USB memory card reader which has been interfaced to the USB port of one of the system's MFDs; and
- the LightHouse Chart option has been selected from the Cartography tab of the Chart application's settings dialog (MENU->SETTINGS->CARTOGRAPHY). Note: the Description field of the Cartography tab of the Chart application's Settings dialog should provide details of the LightHouse Charts cartography which you have selected ... if not, then it would indicate a problem with the LightHouse chart card or with the reader.

Please additionally that a defect has been identified within the LightHouse 3 v3.8.97 software update which prevents spot soundings from being displayed within the Chart application when viewing LightHouse US NOAA Vector Charts. This problem will not affect LightHouse Charts which are produced from raster cartography. This problem has been logged and it is expected that it will be addressed within a future LightHouse 3 software update. Should it be immediately necessary to use LightHouse US NOAA Vector Charts, then it would be recommended that the software within the system's MFDs software be downgraded to LightHouse 3 v3.7.70 until such time as this problem has been addressed.

Should the problem be occur with LightHouse 3 v3.7.70 software, then please attach screen snapshots of the MFD's screen when displaying the artography tab of the Chart application's Settings dialog and the Chart application when the reported problem is observed.
02-02-19, 09:33 PM
I got the Lighthouse II charts working. I did not realize that there are several zones on the one SD card, and when you select the wrong area, you get no chart datum. My question now is regarding chart updates.

These charts were put on the card in October 2016, which means they are very old. Do updates come with the purchase? If so, for how long? I do not see that on the Raymarine website. To update the charts, do I use the original card, or do I initialize a new card and update through Raymarine (per website instructions) after making sure of the latest operating system on the MFD?
02-04-19, 09:24 AM
serenisea,

Q1. Do updates come with the purchase?
A1. Negative. However, the US NOAA East Coast or West Coast Vector charts cost about as much as a lunch for one at McDonalds. The NOAA US Charts are typically updated a couple of times per year.

Q2. I do not see that on the Raymarine website.
A2. LightHouse Charts may be purchased from the [url=]LightHouse Charts Store[/url].

Q3. To update the charts, do I use the original card, or do I initialize a new card and update through Raymarine (per website instructions) after making sure of the latest operating system on the MFD?
A3. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. I typically recommend that the original LightHouse Chart card be retained as a spared and that a microSD memory card which has sufficient capacity to store all of the LightHouse Charts which may be purchased now and in the future. As microSD memory card prices have dropped significantly in recent years, a SanDisk 32GB card may be purchased from most stores for approx. $10.