Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] MFD to TV, and monitor.
03-08-18, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-18 10:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] MFD to TV, and monitor.
Hi, looking at purchasing 2 Raymarine axiom pro 12". I have a Bridge boat, and would like to mirror the mfd's to the following;
1 TV in my salon, and 1 monitor in my cockpit. Need to know what cables i will need. We will be fishing 15-100 miles offshore, so there won't be any internet. Not sure if your usb dongle will work were theres no wifi, or cellular service.
Please advise,
Ty!!
P.S. Here's what my sales rep. Sent, as they are not sure as well. Thanks again!
Axiom Wireless Display Streaming
Output the screen from your Axiom or Axiom Pro MFD to another onboard TV, monitor or display. Axiom streams HDMI over wireless to compatible Miracast wireless dongles and Smart Televisions.

Any screen with a HDMI port and Miracast dongle can serve as a remote Axiom display.

Keep an eye on the navigational situation from your salon or stateroom. Add an optional RMK-10 remote keypad to your system and use it to control your Axiom system from there too!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-18, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-18 11:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] MFD to TV, and monitor.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Fish On,

Unlike other technologies which require Internet access during operation (ex. Chromecast), Miracast technology does not require Internet access following initial set-up. In order to use this feature, the television must either be equipped with Miracast or accessorized with a Miracast dongle (ex. Amazon's Fire TV Stick, etc.). No routers or cabling is required / offered to interface the MFD to the TV, as this peer to peer communications protocol is wireless.
12-09-18, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-18 09:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
How many TV's can I hook up 1 display to? Looking to connect 1 salon TV, 1 cockpit monitor, and 1 master stateroom.
Ty!
12-10-18, 09:22 AM
Fish On,

While it is possible to install a Miracast device on each television installed onboard a vessel, Miracast technology only supports sharing screen imagery from the MFD with a single television at any one time.