Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] How to Add "i" Instruments to Existing ST Network
12-11-18, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-18 02:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] How to Add "i" Instruments to Existing ST Network
Hi,

I have an existing ST network that includes an “E” series display and an SG3 autopilot system. I need to replace the existing Nexus instruments and transducers, so I am designing a Raymarine system replacement. Please review the attached. Recommendations/corrections appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

Attached File(s)
.ppt  Raymarine Network 2019.ppt (Size: 197 KB / Downloads: 190)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-18, 03:04 PM
RE: [CA11] How to Add "i" Instruments to Existing ST Network
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rick,

Is the MFD which you have referenced an E80 or E120 E-Series Classic MFD? If not, then please respond with the MFD's product ID and serial number. If so, then the MFD should be disconnected from the SeaTalk bus when adding a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to the system. Instead, the E-Series Classic MFD will be interfaced as a spur to the backbone via the A06061 4.92in (1.5m) E-Series Classic MFD to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter. Accordingly the backbone must be extended to the location of the MFD. The MFD must also be updated with v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software if this version of software is not already installed in the MFD.

The instruments and iTC-5 will be powered via single power insertion spur ... recommend that you consider using one of the spur sockets of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply