Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Networking Two eS MFDs directly using Raynet
12-14-18, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-18 09:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Networking Two eS MFDs directly using Raynet
I want to network two eS MFDs (eS127 and eS98) together using the ports on the back of the unit. I want to connect my CP470 and an RD424HD to the other port on each MFD. Will this work? Will both MFDs have access to the radar and sonar module? I will post the network diagram which includes the autopilot (EV-1, ACU-150, P70Rs) on the STng network. Will the eS98 built-in Downvision still work with CP470 attached to the network?.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Raymarine setup.pdf (Size: 62.8 KB / Downloads: 265)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-18, 12:28 PM
RE: [CA11] Networking Two eS MFDs directly using Raynet
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum stscss,

Nice diagram.

Q1. I want to network two eS MFDs (eS127 and eS98) together using the ports on the back of the unit. I want to connect my CP470 and an RD424HD to the other port on each MFD. Will this work? Will both MFDs have access to the radar and sonar module? I will post the network diagram which includes the autopilot (EV-1, ACU-150, P70Rs) on the STng network.
A1. I typically recommend that a Raystar 150 GPS Sensor be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone rather than utilize the GA150. Please additionally note that it is not necessary to interface a GA150 to each eS-Series MFD, as the MFDs are designed to share GPS data (as well as all data and resources (except for NTSC/PAL video)) via Ethernet communications. However, some may elect to do so to provide a level of redundancy within the system. Similarly, it is not necessary to interface each MFD to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone ... only the system's Data Master MFD need be interfaced to the he SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. However as with GPS sources, some may elect to interface more than one of the system's MFD's to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to provide a level of redundancy within the system. If seeking to maximize redundacy and/or operate the system with only one MFD switched ON, then it would be recommended that a HS5 RayNet Network Switch be installed and that each MFD, the radome, and CP470 be interfaced to it rather than daisy chaining these products to one another.

The ACU150 is not designed to supply power to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Accordingly, an additional spur socket must be added to the approximate midpoint of the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. The SeaTalkng Power Cable will be connected to this spur socket and to a switched 12VDC power circuit.

Q2. Will the eS98 built-in Downvision still work with CP470 attached to the network?.
A2. Yes. However, a DownVision transducer must be interfaced to the eS98 MFD's Transducer socket. Likewise a compatible 1kw (or larger) CHIRP transducer must be interfaced to the CP470's Transducer socket.
12-19-18, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-18 08:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck,
I'll make the necessary corrections per your guidance.
Jerry
12-20-18, 08:47 AM
You're welcome.