Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Remote networking with Axiom MFD
12-18-18, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-18 03:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Remote networking with Axiom MFD
Hi, I'm new to this forum and to the Axiom system. I'm taking delivery of a boat in June that will be equipped with Axiom MFDs networked for nav, engine controls, tank levels, etc. I understand that the system can also expand to monitor things like bilge alarms and some switching controls. My interest is whether Axiom (now or in the future) will be equipped for remote connection from off site through the app, similar to the way you would communicate with your Nest thermostat or Simplisafe alarm system (or camera for that matter). My boat will be at a dock with a strong WiFi system. If anyone has a suggestion on how to do this I would welcome the input, this would be a very usuful feature to monitor vessel vital signs remotely, or get alarms in case of emergency. Thanks for your input.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-18, 10:48 AM
RE: [CA11] Remote networking with Axiom MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Leopard Kingfisher,

Specific features like those which you have listed would be built into the boat by the boat's manufacture. These cannot be added after the fact and must be incorporated into the early design of the vessel. It is recommended that Leopard be contacted to find out what specific features they have with the digital switching.

In general digital switching systems can be designed to incorporate features like bilge alarms and monitoring remotely. If the system can be designed to do it and the boat builder can do it then it is just a matter of cost.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply