Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot
12-18-18, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-18 09:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Autopilot
I´m having problem with my auto pilot . If I change the SPX10 by the new EVOLUTION MODEL I would like to know if it is compatible with the others equipment described bellow:

Actual situation:
Sail boat 41 ft, 19.000 pounds of displacement
Type 1 linear drive
Flux gate compass
SPX10 Central Unit
P70 Control Head
Rudder sensor

Could you list the model of all equipment necessary to mount a new assembly?

Thank for your attencion

Mauricio
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-18, 09:47 AM
RE: [CA11] Autopilot
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mauricio,

The weight of this vessel is close to the limit for a Type 1 Linear Drive when factoring in 20% additional for gear, provisions, water, fuel, crew, etc.. An undersized linear drive can result adversely affect performance as well as result premature wear / failure of the drive unit. Should the vessel's performance have been satisfactory with the Type 1 Linear Drive and if not seeking to upgrade the drive unit to a Type 2 Linear Drive, then
- an Evolution ACU-200 Actuator Control Unit would recommended to replace the SPX10 Autopilot Course Computer
- an EV-1 CCU would be installed to replace the fluxgate compass
- if operational, the currently installed rudder reference transducer may be retained for use with the new Evolution ACU. Should currently installed rudder reference transducer not be operational, then it should be replaced with that which is included within the ACU-200's package
- the p70 Autopilot Control Head may be retained for use with the Evolution autpilot

Should the p70 and SPX10 presently be interfaced to one another via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, then one need simply extend the backbone to the location of the EV-1 CCU (recommend that your initially test its performance in the current location of the fluxgate compass) and install a spur socket in that location to permit the EV-1 CCU to be interfaced to the spur socket via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply