Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] A75, RL70C, problem with Goto Waypoint
12-20-18, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-18 10:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] A75, RL70C, problem with Goto Waypoint
Don,

Q. I was hoping there are 'advanced' settings on the A75 to enable/disable PGNs, there's a workaround or Raymarine would correct this known software bug.
A. Unfortunately, the MFDs which followed the hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Displays differed in handshake associated with navigational commands. As indicated within my initial response, this limitation in the hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Displays was identified in the first generation of MFDs which followed (i.e. the C-Series Classic MFDs) ... and these systems both relied on SeaTalk communications. This not indicative of a bug, but a change in design. Four generations of MFDs have now been produced since the hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Displays were retired and there will unfortunately be no future software updates to the software of the hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Displays. Given the very limited number of such mixed systems, it would be challenging to build a business case to address such mixed systems. Within systems featuring more recent product designs such mastership features are not addressed by switching PGNs ON/OFF but by selecting the Data Sources which will be used by the system's devices. Unfortunately, your older equipment does not support this feature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] A75, RL70C, problem with Goto Waypoint - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-20-18 10:44 AM