The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] E80 Classic Network Software Update Problem
12-23-18, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-18 08:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] E80 Classic Network Software Update Problem
I have two E80 classics on a seatalkHS network including analog radar and DS300. I was successful in downloading the new software on the data CF card (I know I took a risk) and updated the software of the Master unit Successfully. It then asked to update remote via ethernet and I said yes...it pulled up a blank IP address etc..table and then it goes to remote update FAILED. I suppose it should have populated the table with the info of the remote unit..but it didn't. The network works fine displaying radar, sonar, and chart data on both units and all green lights flashing on the ethernet interface. I also tried to update the DS300 software the same way but it never recognized the DS update software after rebooting and proceeded to boot to the chart data successfully. Nothing in the menu to ask for sonar update.
The slave E80 card reader pins are damaged/bent and cannot accept a card.
Now I have the Master updated with v5.69 software and the slave working on 5.23 version and seems to work fine. Should I worry about having different software versions?
When I do a System Diagnosis/External Interfaces it shows an Ethernet interface active but has no information on the attached remote systems.
Can you help?
Thanks./
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG11] E80 Classic Network Software Update Problem - hadjiosif - 12-23-18 09:31 AM