Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Two lighthouse charts on the same card
12-29-18, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-18 09:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Two lighthouse charts on the same card
Is it possible to put the raster and vector charts on the same SD card? Will an a68 display recognize both.

Thank You
Bob Schmidt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-18, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-18 09:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Two lighthouse charts on the same card
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bob,

It is indeed possible to save more than one LightHouse Chart to a microSD memory card. However to do so, the microSD memory card must have sufficient memory capacity to store the LightHouse Charts. When visiting the Charts store, clicking the Details button for the charts which one intends to download will provide information concerning the LightHouse Chart which includes the file size of the Chart. Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are designed to support use of microSD memory cards having capacities up to 32GB which have been formatted with a FAT32 or NTFS file system. When using the MFD's Chart application, the Chart Selection feature within that instance of the Chart application will be used to specify which charts will be viewed within that instance of the Chart application. Should two or more Chart application panes be displayed within a page, then each Chart application pane may be assigned a different type of cartography to be viewed within the respective Chart application pane.
01-03-19, 01:01 PM
OK thanks Chuck,

S if I take my current SD card with the NOAA vector east chart on it, and download the NOAA vector east chart to the same card the a 68 will recognize both charts, assuming the SD card has sufficient size. Is that correct?

Thanks
Bob Schmidt
01-07-19, 10:39 AM
Bob,

Q. "if I take my current SD card with the NOAA vector east chart on it, and download the NOAA vector east chart to the same card"
A. I assume that you meant to specify that you would like to install LightHouse US NOAA Raster Charts onto the same microSD card which currently has LightHouse US NOAA Vector Charts on it. If so, and the microSD memory card containing the LightHouse US NOAA Vector Charts has sufficient remaining memory to additionally store the desired LightHouse US NOAA Raster Charts, then it would indeed be possible to do so and to have the MFD recognize both LightHouse Charts. As indicated within my previous response, the Details button for the charts which one intends to download from the LightHouse Charts Store will provide information concerning the file size of the LightHouse Chart being considered. As the LightHouse US NOAA Vector Charts and LightHouse US NOAA Raster Charts are relatively inexpensive (your next trip to McDonalds will likely cost more than one of these LightHouse Charts), I typically recommend that one consider simply purchasing both LightHouse Charts and a microSD memory card having sufficient memory capacity to store all LightHouse Charts which you may desire to use with the MFD. If in doubt, I recommend simply purchasing a 32GB (no larger) capacity microSD memory card ... these too are easily purchased from electronics retailers (Walmart, Best Buy, etc.) and prices for these 32GB microSD memory cards appear to have dropped to under $10.
01-07-19, 03:08 PM
Chuck,

I tried it and it does work. I can select either chart from the SD card.

thanks again
Bob Schmidt
01-07-19, 04:38 PM
You're welcome.