Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Fading echo on M92650-S 2KW 18″ domes.
01-02-19, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-19 04:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Fading echo on M92650-S 2KW 18″ domes.
Hi,

Got a Raymarine C80 MDF and a M92650-S radar.

Problem: After 20min of scanning, echo rapidly fade to nothing.
- All diagnostic tests "pass"
- No error message displayed
- Inside radar dome, all look clean and ok
- Voltage at the radar 12.8volts while on shore power.
- All connections have been verified (back of the C80 and inside the radar dome)
- Magnetron has low hours count (2172 hrs)
- Scanner reset count: 0
- Magnetron current: 45
-Rotation time: 2463ms

Radar work again perfectly after a 20min cool down period (scanner in OFF position)

Resetting radar setting has not solve the problem.

I am a certified electronic technician...hoping for a lead to fix my radar on my small sailboat that I have sailed haft way around the world.

Regards,

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-19, 04:30 PM
RE: [CA11] Fading echo on M92650-S 2KW 18″ domes.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sailing_Sergio,

The reported symptom is commonly associated with component damage resulting from a high voltage spike (ex. such as is commonly encountered with a lightning strike to or in close proximity to the vessel) to the radome's circuity. Such damage would typically be found within the radome's LNC circuitry or IF interface circuitry. Unfortunately, Raymarine can no longer provide parts and service for these radomes. Currently manufactured radomes are not compatible with C-Series Classic MFDs such as yours. Should you be unable to render the repair yourself, it would be necessary to seek a replacement radome from the second hand market or consider replacement of not only the radome, but also the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply