Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrades to my 2006 Four Winns
01-15-19, 10:52 AM
RE: [CA11] Upgrades to my 2006 Four Winns
Chuck, thank you so much for your quick response.

I do not think that the AR200 will be viable. The combination of needing clear view of the sky for GPS function and being in a location free of magnetic interference for the compass function, limits the possible locations.

The radar arch is already crowded and includes multiple electric cables, radar, music speakers, navigation and cockpit lighting, loud hailer, etc. Placing it on the foredeck puts it harms way and subject to interference from the windless, navigation lights, horn, and items in the cabin.

I might just need to stay with the Fluxgate Compass heading info and existing autopilot, or bite the bullet and upgrade to an Evolution autopilot if I want the 10Hz heading updates.

The location of the current Fluxgate compass is the best location for the EV-1 as it is free of magnetic interference devices in the boat and we ensure that we do not store any magnetic items in that same area.

Thank you again for all your help. There are so many paths that can be taken. Your service is very much appreciated in providing the guidance needed.

Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-19, 11:56 AM
RE: [CA11] Upgrades to my 2006 Four Winns
You're very welcome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply