Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RealVision 3D SAR capability
01-04-19, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-19 04:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RealVision 3D SAR capability
I am designing the upgrade of my existing C90 series system to an Axiom/Axiom Pro system. I do not fish, and I am debating the difference between just depth/temp (as currently exists) and adding RealVision 3D.

I am involved in a volunteer organization and we occasionally perform Search and Rescue/Recover activities. Sometimes this is on a river, other times in coastal waters.

Would the RealVision 3D be useful in SAR operations? And if so, what might be limitations? Would submerged objects that we would be searching for be distinguishable from fish?

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-19, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-19 04:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] RealVision 3D SAR capability
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum morowsky,

Each type of sonar imaging technology brings another perspective to assist one in understanding what is passing beneath and to the sides of one's vessel. Accordingly, I believe that not only can RealVision 3D imaging support this end, but also SideVision, DownVision, and CHIRP sonar imaging can provide significant enhancements over standard conical fishfinder sonar imaging alone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply