Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CA] [CA11] info on Auto Pilot
01-07-19, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-19 03:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] info on Auto Pilot
I must be missing something but i can not find any information on your auto pilot features. I would like to know what features are offered on your units, fishing modes, anchor lock, reverse, way point connection, etc. I am looking for a unit that will work for fishing at slow speeds and maintain a position like the Furuno Nav-pilot 711c. The Axiom pro 12 fits my needs but I am finding your auto pilot to be lacking in ability. I am hoping to keep all equipment the same mfg so I am really hoping i missed something here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-19, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-19 03:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] info on Auto Pilot
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Larry,

The features supported by the Evolution autopilots are documented within the p70S/p70RS Autopilot Control Head Installation and Operation Instructions which are posted on Raymarine's website. While the Evolution autopilots support steering to a locked heading (Chapter 9.1 Auto mode), tracking to waypoints (Chapter 9.4 Track mode), fishing patterns (Chapter 9.3: Patterns), and slow speed operation, they do not presently support controlling engines in a manner which would support having the vessel hover over a position.
01-09-19, 05:44 PM
Thanks, I knew there had to be more info. Looks much better now
01-09-19, 08:45 PM
You're welcome.