Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] Thermal Camera
02-18-19, 09:37 AM
RE: [DG] Thermal Camera
Thank you.

I have my T-200 connected to a monitor and projecting images properly. The T-200 camera is connected to a PoE injector and then a LAN cable from it's PoE to the Network switch. I can connect my Windows 10 laptop to the network switch and bring up the web page for the T-200 and I can control the camera from my computer.

I connected a FLIR JCU-3 controller to my T-200 thermal camera. The JCU-3 is connected to a Raymarine PoE injector. I have a LAN cable connected from the PoE to the Network switch. I can bring up the web page on my computer for the JCU-3. I couldn't change the JCU-3 IP address to a static IP address and domain to match the T-200. However, I changed the IP address and domain on the camera to match the JCU-3. The JCU-3 stopped flashing, indicating pairing to the camera, but it can't control the T-200 from the JCU-3.

Is there something I need to do differently?

Terry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-19, 08:38 AM
Hi Terry,

Thank you for your enquiry,

The FLIR JCU 3 is not approved for use with the T200 cameras, it is primarily used for the M100 and M200 and MD variants of cameras.

The JCU1 is the version to use with T200 variant cameras.

Regards
Derek
02-20-19, 10:36 AM
Thanks Derek.

I've not found a JCU1. I have found a JCU and JCU-2.

What is the JCU1 Raymarine part number? Or equivalent FLIR p/n?

Thanks,

Terry
02-22-19, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-19 06:48 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Terry,

Apologies for any confusion, the JCU1 is the first unit we produced and is often referred to as the JCU. The FLIR part number is 500-0385-00, RYM part number E32130.

The JCU can be seen here [Image: attachment.php?aid=2671]

regards
Derek

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-04-19, 10:59 PM
Thanks Derek.

I purchased a FLIR JCU, part number 500-0385-00, and configured it to my T200 camera using an Ethernet network connection. The JCU receives power through a PoE connection. The camera is powered by a PoE. I used the Web browser running on my PC to change the JCU network address to a static IP address 10.21.0.16. (The T200 camera has static IP address 10.21.0.5.)

Upon powering up the PoEs, the JCU identifies the camera and allows me to control some of the camera. It will change the zoom via the joystick puck and allow me to change the JCU to standby mode in the Power Menu. The JCU will not allow me to take to System Standby mode, not can I change the image settings or configure the camera by means of on-screen menus. The JCU MENU button will not turn the on-screen menu on, pressing the JCU MENU button has no effect. Pressing the JCU COLOR button has no effect, and thus the JCU will not change the palette (Color Thermal enabled) or change the day/night display (Color Thermal disabled).

I can change these with the PC using the Web browser.

I understand from the operator manual that some JCU buttons have no effect on the T200 camera, but its not clear which ones. Which ones should work?
03-05-19, 09:33 AM
Hi tegarre,

I will PM you some further detailed instructions,

Regards

Derek
03-05-19, 08:52 PM
Thanks Derek,

I appreciate the help.

What is "PM"? re: "I will PM you some further detailed instructions,"

Regards

Terry
03-06-19, 06:38 AM
Hi Terry,
PM means private message . . . please check that you received a private message from me
Thanks
Derek
03-10-19, 06:05 PM
Thanks Derek,

I need a power cable to my Raymarine HS5 Network switch. What is the part number or description to purchase a new one?

Terry
03-11-19, 10:57 AM
Hi tegarre,

The part number for the HS5 switch power cable is A06049.

Kind regards
Derek