Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] software update for A50d
01-03-19, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-19 07:36 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] software update for A50d
We have a A50d unit which the GPS is not functioning. It's running v 1.04 software. I am going to try and update it to the latest software and see if this helps. My question is can I go straight to the latest or do I need to go up in the stages of the releases?

Thanks Rowan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-19, 07:42 AM
RE: [LW11] software update for A50d
Dear Fendtlad,

Thank you for your query.

You do not need to install the software in installments, you can install the latest version of the software for the A50d of which is V1.24.

You can access the software download here

Many Thanks
Louise
01-04-19, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-19 09:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Louise,

Just with using a CF to SD Card Adapter do the card slide into the unit by itself or is there a cradle it sits in and then slides in? I don't have the unit with me at the moment.

Regards Rowan
01-09-19, 10:15 AM
Rowan,

Please that Raymarine released no software updates which were specifically intended to address any GPS performance issues within the A-Series Classic MFDs. Accordingly, it would be highly unlikely that updating the MFDs software would have any beneficial effect in addressing this issue. Please note that the internal GPS receiver of the A-Series Classic MFDs could be configured ON/OFF. If this setting has been configured ON and the MFD has been installed in a locating affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead, then it would indeed appear that the MFD has suffered a failure of its internal GPS circuitry. As Raymarine's Product Repair Centers can no longer render repairs to the A-Series Classic MFDs, this problem may be worked around by interfacing the MFD to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 or NMEA 0183 source of GPS data. We would typically recommend that a Raystar 150 GPS Sensor be used for this purpose.

Please additionally be aware that the A-Series Classic MFDs were not compatible with most off the shelf SD to CF memory card adapters. For this reason, Raymarine introduced the A62311 Cartography Adapter. Unfortunately, these cartography adapters are no longer available. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing recommendations for updating the software of an A-Series MFD.