Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Radar not recognized after software upgrade
01-09-19, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-19 01:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Radar not recognized after software upgrade
I have a complete Raymarine package on my boat. E127 MFD, RD418HD Radome, Evolution Autopilot, I70 & P70r and Ray60 radio. I recently upgraded my software on the E127 and other units included in the software upgrade code from version V17 to V19.03. Everything was working fine prior to the upgrade. After the upgrade everything worked as expected except the radar. When I try to connect the radar it fails and comes back with message “ No radar source found”. Looked at a couple of posts that suggested checking the volts to the unit. I have four new gel batteries putting out 12.78 volts. Checked voltage at the cable at the radome and am getting 12.3 volts so do not think it is a power problem. Also it was working fine prior to the software update. Is there something else I should be checking?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-19, 01:09 PM
RE: [CA11] Radar not recognized after software upgrade
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum vzbnn0,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As you have indicated that this problem occurred following a software update, it is recommended that you consider backing up your system's waypoint/route/track data, noting its settings, and then commanding a System Settings & Data Reset (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SYSTEM SETTINGS & DATA RESET). As indicated within the FAQ, should the recommendations specified therein fail to indicate the source of the problem, then it would be recommended that the radome be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply