Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] p70/p70s and p70R/p70Rs Pilot Heads - Software Update
01-10-19, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-19 09:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] p70/p70s and p70R/p70Rs Pilot Heads - Software Update
I just got an email today regarding important software update for my P70R. I have an Axiom Pro MFD system connected to the autopilot. Will I need to install the software manually, or if I enable a wifi connection, will the Axiom auto update?

Please let me know

1999 Sea Ray 370 Express Cruiser Hardtop
Twin 8.1 Horizons, ZF Hurth Transmissions,
Axiom Pro 12
Axiom 12
Quantum II Radar
Real Vision 3D
1kW CHIRP sonar
B275 Transducer
Ray 60 VHF
ACU 150 Autopilot
P70R
Smart Remote

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UKDm91zlSwlPhCQ12
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-19, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-19 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] p70/p70s and p70R/p70Rs Pilot Heads - Software Update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum West32,

No software updates are truly automatic (i.e. simply connecting MFD's Wi-Fi to a Wi-Fi access point will not automatically cause the system's software to be update). Whether one intends to do so via Wi-Fi or via a microSD memory card which has been populated with software update files, the operator must command the MFD to update software. If performing this action via Wi-Fi the system will compare the software level within each of the system's components with the latest available software listed by Raymarine. Should any of the system's devices be found to have software which is not current, then the MFD's software update feature will present a software update dialog through which the operator may select to or not to update a product's software. It is recommended that all Raymarine products be maintained with the latest available product software updates. If software updates are available for an Evolution EV-1/2 CCU or ACU, then it is recommended that the ACU not be selected initially. After the EV-1/2 CCU's software has been updated, then the ACU's software may be updated. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing actions which should be followed after the software within an EV-1/2 CCU or ACU has been updated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply