Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Having problems with my thruhulls on axiom pro
01-15-19, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-19 12:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Having problems with my thruhulls on axiom pro
I just got a new boat built and added the Raymarine axiom 12 pro and had the 2 12degree brass RV thruhulls put in. They were working amazing for about 4 months and now they will only work for about 2 hrs and then says transducer is not detected. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I have updated my system to the newest update from Raymarine.
Thanks so much
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-19, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-19 01:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Having problems with my thruhulls on axiom pro
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tarponfischer,

It is recommended that you verify that the software within both MFDs has been updated with the latest LightHouse 3 software for Axiom MFDs (v3.8.97 at the time of this response) ... it has been noted that you have indicate that this step has been undertaken ... please verify the version number. If so, and the problem persists, then the reported message may indeed be indicative of loose transducer cable connection(s), a transducer failure, a failure of the MFD's RV fishfinder circuitry, insufficient power being supplied to the MFD, depleted batteries, insufficient battery capacity, or batteries which are in need of replacement ... the latter should not be the case in a new vessel. As power to the MFD is dependent not only on voltage, but also upon current, it is recommended that all power connections to the MFD be verified to ensure that wire of the appropriate gauge has been utilized, that crimp connectors have been properly installed, and that all power and ground connections from the MFD through power distribution panels, terminal strips, etc. to the batteries are free of corrosion and tight. Similarly, the RV transducer Y-Cable should be unplugged from the RV transducers, plugs inspected for corrosion, re-connected and secured with their locking rings. Similarly, the transducer's connection to the MFD and any transducer extension cables should similarly be unplugged, inspected for corrosion, and re-connected. If so, and the problem persists, then it would be recommended that the vessel be connected to shore power or to a battery charger, that its batteries be permitted to attain a fully charged state, and that afterwards and while still connected to shore power or to the battery charger, that the system be tested again. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the Axiom Pro RVX MFD be tested with a RVX-100 by a Certified Raymarine Installer or Raymarine's Product Repair Center. Should the problem not manifest itself while connected to shore power, then it would be recommended that the vessel's charging system be tested to ensure that it is charging underway and/or that additional battery capacity be added to the vessel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply