Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Super HD Radar
01-14-19, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-19 10:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Super HD Radar
I recently installed a complete Raymarine system, Axiom Pro 12", 9", Super HD radar, autopilot, sonar, ais receiver, sat weather. This system replaced an old Raymarine Classic C series 12", 9", dome radar, autopilot, sonar, ais receiver, sat weather. After initially installing and using the new system I immediately discovered that the radar is not capable of saving a cursor waypoint, it will only save current boat location to waypoint. My old system, the old 4kw dome radar would save to cursor or current boat location. I contacted RM technical support and after a lengthy telephone call I was notified that I was correct, the programmers did not enter that in the new software, he additionally told me that he personally would enter the request and send to the programmers and that it will be added to the next software update. I have had the new update and the radar will only save to current boat location. Is Raymarine going to add this feature?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-19, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-19 11:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Super HD Radar
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Intrepid356,

As you have suggested LightHouse 3 v3.8.97 does not include support for the feature which you have described. Unfortunately, Raymarine has not yet announced whether this feature will be included within a future software update, and if so, which version it would be introduced in. A feature request has been logged to consider this feature for inclusion within a future LightHouse 3 software update as well as within future MFD software. In the interim, you may want to consider using the Chart application's Radar Overlay feature and then create radar based waypoints via the Chart application's Create Waypoint at Cursor feature.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply