Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Waypoint import improvements, LH3 sw release v3.8.97
01-16-19, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-19 08:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Waypoint import improvements, LH3 sw release v3.8.97
Hi
Can you describe the all details about the "Waypoint import improvements" made in the brand new LH3 sw release v3.8.97.

I suggest that you make a very detailed description how it works in the LH 3 handbook, especially the restrictions are undocumented in the LH manuals. I had to google quite a lot to find out that waypoint names can have maximum 16 characters, all waypoint names must be unique and that the comment field can have max 32 characters. These restriction are too restrictive. I understand that the available memory is an issue, but its better to have more quality information than 10´000 unique waypoints.

I have all my waypoints generated om my PC running OpenCPN. The text stored in the description field is not the same field used by LH3. I suggest that you make next version of LH3 more compatible with OpenCPN so the description field could be transferred between OpenCPN and LH3.

Best regards and Thanks
Stefan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-19, 07:41 AM
RE: [DG11] Waypoint import improvements, LH3 sw release v3.8.97
Hi Stefan,
Thank you for your feedback, we have forwarded this to our technical publications team and product brand manager.

regards
Derek
01-18-19, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-19 01:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks a lot for the reply, but I did not see any reply on any details about the "Waypoint import improvements" in the new sw release v3.8.97. I would like to know what more about that.
01-21-19, 09:46 AM
Hi Stefan,

The 'Waypoint import improvements' relate to the importation of waypoints with identical names - this is now possible.

Regards

Derek
04-04-19, 10:29 AM
Hi Stefan ,

Further to my earlier response,

There was an solution to fix the issue of duplicate Waypoint names when data was imported and we also increased the number of characters for waypoint names to 32 (from 16) and 150 for description box.

Thanks
Derek