Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Troubleshooting EV-1
01-16-19, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-19 10:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Troubleshooting EV-1
I have a EV-100 Evolution Wheel Autopilot with EV-1 Sensor Core, p70 Autopilot Control Head, and ACU-100 Actuator Control Unit. The system worked great all season. Half way through the last sail, I got a "No Pilot" error. On the P70 i went to MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT SYSTEM to see which components were talking on the network. Only the P70 and ACU100 were seen.

No lights on the EV-100. I verified the terminators were seated. I tried moving the EV-1 connection to a different port on the block. I tried a completely different cable. Still nothing.

It seems odd that this one component would fail while in use.

What other troubleshooting steps should I take?

Is there a way to check the EV-1 standalone, by itself?

I haven't seen any additional steps described in the manuals or troubleshooting guides.

Any help is appreciated.

KBG
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-19, 11:50 AM
RE: [CA11] Troubleshooting EV-1
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum KBG,

EV-1 CCU failures are rare. The most common causes for such reports are:
- failure to secure the spur cable to the EV-1 CCU's spur socket ... unplug cable, re-insert, and then rotate the socket's locking ring into the locked position.
- EV-1 software is incompatible with the software within the ACU ... unplug the ACU's spur cable and then update the EV-1 CCU's software via a compatible Raymarine MFD featuring a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 socket.

If the EV-1 CCU is even remotely operational and is receiving power from the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, it LED will be illuminated and will be colored red or green ... irrespective of whether it is communicating with other componets within the system. If the EV-1 CCU's LED is not illuminated, and all physical connections to the backbone have been verified, then it would indeed appear that the EV-1 CCU has suffered a failure, necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
01-18-19, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the response! I'm getting no lights on the EV-1 so I requested a repair/service. Appreciate the help.

kbg
01-20-19, 08:04 AM
You're welcome.