Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] C90W Trackwheel
01-17-19, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-19 01:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] C90W Trackwheel
While out on a sail the other day, the trackwheel on my C90W MFD fell off. It appears that it must have been somehow stuck onto the membrane that was underneath it that seals the 5 selection buttons (left, Right, Up, Down, and OK).

My questions is what should I use to glue it back into position? Is there a special glue that won't damamge the watertight integrity of the memberane but will hold the wheel in place?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-19, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-19 01:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] C90W Trackwheel
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mauruuru,

The membrane of which you have spoken of is part of the R62185 UniController assembly. For the benefit of others who may be viewing this thread, please note that this part is no longer available. In the past, should the membrane have failed or any of the plastic parts comprising the UniController assembly have failed, then it would have been recommended that the entire assembly be replaced. As the part is no longer available, it will no longer be possible to do so, necessitating that one consider replacement of the MFD. This assembly is secured in place over the UniController's circuitry by a pair of phillips head machine screws which may be accessed by removing the MFD's bezel. Adhesive was used in construction of the C/E-Series Widescreen MFD's UniController assembly. The recommended adhesive to use is Loctite 401. Care should be taken during application to not apply adhesive membrane's rotary seal or to any part of the membrane regularly flex when the trackpad is used. Accordingly, you may want to consider dry-fitting the seal prior to applying adhesive.
02-01-19, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 02:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
If I were to replace this MFD with a new unit what would that entail? I have Depth, wind, autopilot (wheel pilot) w/ course computer, AIS via NMEA and Sirius XM interfaced to this MFD. Do you have a unit that fits the flush mount cutout that provides these functions? will I have to rewire the pedestal wiring? Can I reuse the C90W as just a display at the nav station below?
02-01-19, 03:25 PM
mauruuru,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

I would typically recommend and Axiom Pro S 9 for this application. However, to ensure compatibility with the currently installed electronic, a more precise list of those electronics would need to be provided. I am most particularly interested in the makes/models of any instruments, autopilot control head, autopilot course computer and any fishfiinder module which may be interfaced to the MFD. Should the Axiom Pro S 9 be selected, the C90W could indeed be relocated below decks where it may be interfaced to the Axiom Pro S 9 MFD to support operation as a second station chartplotter (using the chart card within the C90W's memory card reader).
02-04-19, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-19 01:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
My currently configured system consists of:
ST60 Wind w/ masthead xducer
SPX-5 Wheel pilot with course computer and control head
DSM 30 Depth sounder
SR150 sirius XM weather radio interface module
NMEA AIS interface from Standard Horizon VHF
and of course the c90W

Can any of these device directly interface to the Axiom Pro 9S or do I need to replace it all? If interfaceable how-does it require additional modules of some kind or special cabling?
02-04-19, 01:11 PM
mauruuru,

Q1. Can any of these device directly interface to the Axiom Pro 9S or do I need to replace it all?
A1. With the exception of the DSM30 (would recommend replacing with a CP370), each of the devices which you have listed may be interfaced directly to or adapted to be interfaced to an Axiom Pro S MFD.

Q2. If interfaceable how-does it require additional modules of some kind or special cabling?
A2. This is covered in detail within the FAQ referenced within my initial response.
02-04-19, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-19 08:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I am confused. Your response says I could use the current c90W mfd at the nav station but the link you gave also says that Aciom and Aciom Pros can not be used in a network with C mfds?

Also it says legacy Sirius XM receivers cannot be interfacedwith Axiom. What am I missing here?
02-05-19, 09:06 AM
mauruuru,

Q1. Your response says I could use the current c90W mfd at the nav station but the link you gave also says that Aciom and Aciom Pros can not be used in a network with C mfds?
A1. The reference to network cable is intended to address Ethernet networking and as such is indicating that MFDs running LightHouse 3 software (i.e. Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs and eS/gS-Series MFDs which have been updated with LightHouse 3 software) cannot be interfaced to an Ethernet network which additionally includes a C-Series Widescreen MFD. Per my previous responses, the C-Series Widescreen MFD may be alternatively interfaced to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which a MFD running LightHouse 3 software has also been interfaced ... but will be subject to the data sharing limitations specified within my previous response.

Q2. Also it says legacy Sirius XM receivers cannot be interfacedwith Axiom. What am I missing here?
A2. The SR150 is not considered to be a legacy SiriusXM Satellite Weather / Radio Receiver and is compatible with MFDs running LightHouse 3 software.
02-05-19, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-19 11:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK thanks for the clarification
02-05-19, 11:01 AM
You're welcome.