Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot Integration to Seatalkng
01-22-19, 10:45 AM
RE: [CA11] Autopilot Integration to Seatalkng
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Redman,

Q1: For my setup, may I connect the ST6001 seatalk "out" plug directly to the Seatalk-Seatalkng converter?
A1: This is not recommended. The diagram which you had attached correctly shows that the autopilot control head has been directly connected to one of the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk ports, while all other SeaTalk devices have been connected to the other SeaTalk port of the autopilot course computer. When installed in this manner, the autopilot may be operated irrespective of the power state of the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

The diagram is correct in all respects except for not indicated that the red lead of the SeaTalk cable which is connecting the autopilot course computer to the instruments (or ST-STng Converter) will not be used and should be insulated to prevent shorting. Additionally, a SeaTalkng to DeviceNet (F) Adapter Cable is used to interface an Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD as a spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Q2: If I can, I assume that the red power wire at the Seatalk A terminal of the autopilot should be disconnected , correct?
A2: See the response to Q1.

Q3: Mainly for curiosity...in the diagram why isn't the ST6001 daisy chained to the other instruments in order to connect it to the Seatalk-Seatlkng converter?
A3: See the response to Q1.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Autopilot Integration to Seatalkng - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-22-19 10:45 AM