Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot Integration to Seatalkng
04-10-19, 12:12 PM
RE: [CA11] Autopilot Integration to Seatalkng
Thanks Chuck,

Just to be sure I understand correctly, what I want to do (see attachment) will work, correct ?

Only watch: when connecting to the autopilot, I should not connect the red wire.

Z

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-19, 12:48 PM
Zanzibar,

I would recommend annotating your diagram to specify that the red lead of the SeaTalk cable connecting the SeaTalk port of the autopilot to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's SeaTalk (yellow) socket will not be used. Accordingly, the red lead of this SeaTalk cable will not be connected to the red SeaTalk #2 terminal of the autopilot course computer. Instead, the red lead of this cable should be insulated to prevent shorting.
04-10-19, 12:53 PM
Will do - thanks again
04-10-19, 01:14 PM
You're welcome.
04-24-19, 03:54 AM
Hi Chuck,

I’ve just made all the connections and it is working fine. i have even introduced a Shipmodul multiplex allowing me to receive all data via Wifi.

Attached the diagram of my installation.

One single thing is not working: while the AIS is working (can see it through the configuration tool or even on my iPad via the wifi), no AIS information is visible on my i70. All other data is visible, but only AIS is not.

It says that the AIS is off and shows nothing. Same with GPS data, it is empty, while I believed that the AIS GPS data would be transmitted on the network...

What did I missed ??

Thanks
Emmanuel

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-24-19, 08:29 AM
Emmanuel,

In order for the i70S MFID to display AIS Targets within its AIS page, the system must include each of the following:
- an AIS receiver or AIS transceiver which has been interfaced to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone ... this has been satisfied
- the system has been interfaced to a source of GPS data ... please note that Raymarine AIS transceivers are not designed to transmit GPS data determined via the transceiver internal GPS receiver to a NMEA 2000 backbone ... no source of GPS data has been identified within your diagram.
- a source of heading data or COG ... this requirement would appear to be met when the autopilot is operation. In systems lacking a heading data, COG will be used once the vessel is underway and making way. When the vessel is stationary, it has no COG and correspondingly this feature would not be supported within systems lacking a heading data source.
04-24-19, 01:20 PM
Got it.

I will soon replace the VHF with a Seatalkng/nmea 2000 model having an internal GPS receiver and/or buy an active GPS antenna. According to your explanations it should work then.

Thanks
Emmanuel
04-24-19, 03:06 PM
You're welcome.