Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Evolution Autopilots - Legacy Rudder Reference
01-21-19, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-19 10:17 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Evolution Autopilots - Legacy Rudder Reference
I searched all over, but no info on Rudder Reference transducers with two (2) wires.

Due to location, my (Robertson) rudder reference transducer is near impossible to swap out for my Evo AP upgrade. Will the ACU200 operate with a 2 wire rudder ref transducer (RF- and RF+ ) instead of a 4 wire type?

Thanks Chuck,

~Z
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-19, 10:22 AM
RE: [DG11] Evolution Autopilots - Legacy Rudder Reference
Dear LimaBravo,
Thank you for your enquiry,

The Raymarine autopilots require an analogue rudder angle input based on a centre tapped potentiometer, this requires 3 wires, one from each end of the potentiometer resistor and one from the 'wiper' which moves with the rudder angle and changes the resistance of the sensor. The Robertson transducer that you have will not work.

The Attached FAQ, accessed here gives more information about the specifics of the Raymarine Rudder reference unit

Regards
Derek
01-29-19, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-19 08:36 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Derek ! I will add the transducer to my upgrade list for the installation. :-)
01-30-19, 08:37 AM
Hi limaBravo,

You're welcome
Thanks
Derek