Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Ev150 to N2K for “other” MFD to work
01-24-19, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-19 08:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Ev150 to N2K for “other” MFD to work
On my boat I’ve installed a EV150, Ray53, and Axium 9. Very happy. All’s good.

My friend just purchased a EV150 and we just installed it in his boat. Unfortunately, his MFD is a Lowrance HDS gen3. Prior to the install, we installed his components on my MFD and updated them in the correct order.

We have the EV150 system attached to the NEMA2000 port on his MFD with a Seatalk to NEMA2000 cable.

The HDS sees all the Ray autopilot components and is receiving data on 2 of the 3 Ray autopilot components. I noticed the P70rs doesn’t have a address associated with it like the other components do. Just says 0. But it has a Instance number like the other two components.

The HDS sees the P70rs on the device listing but when I push “autopilots” non are available. We updated his MFD software and it even told us the Ray softwares were up to date.

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-19, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-19 09:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Ev150 to N2K for “other” MFD to work
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum sr330da,

Please note that we have not received any similar reports. That said, it's not clear why any autopilot selection should be required by the third party MFD/chartplotter. It may be that some Lowrance or Simrad specific autopilot features may be supported if the MFD/chartplotter detects a Lowrance or Simrad autpilot. Similarly, the Autopilot Controls feature of Raymarine MFDs are exclusively supported in conjunction with a compatible Raymarine autopilot. In a nutshell, I suspect that this situation may simply mean that you would be unable to control and configure the Raymarine autopilot via the third party MFD/chartplotter. However, you should still be able to command a go to waypoint / cursor position or follow route command via the third party MFD/chartplotter thereby causing navigational data to be transmitted by the third party MFD/chartplotter to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. It should then be possible to command the Evolution autopilot into Track mode via its autopilot control head. If so, then you should be all set and nothing more need be done.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply