Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] System Set Up Question?
01-25-19, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-19 06:55 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] System Set Up Question?
The following is a list of the components I will be installing on my boat:

ES128 networked to an ES127
EV150 Autopilot w/P70R
Quantum HD Color Radar
Raymarine Cpt-S Thru-Hull - High Chirp Transducer
ITC 5

I currently have an ST60 which I will be removing but keeping the speed and depth transducers. My question is:

1. If I keep both the ST60’s speed and depth transducer then connect them thru an ITC5 to the ES128 will I still be able to connect the high chirp transducer directly to the ES128 also?

Since I have both the speed and depth transducer currently installed along with two MFD‘s, buying the high chirp transducer and connecting to the ES128 gives me redundancy in the event one of the MFD‘s fail. Plus a great picture of the bottom. If one MFD does fail or requires maintenance I will always have navigation, radar, and depth. Speed is just a bonus. I realize the high chirp won’t work on the ES127 but if it’s the ES128 that fails, access to the back of these units is easy. In that event I would simply unplug the ITC and radar from the 128 then plug into the 127. The high chirp would be dormant until the 128 is reinstalled. Is this logical and will it work?

Thank you for your time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-19, 07:50 AM
RE: [LW11] System Set Up Question?
Dear Sadey,

Many thanks for your query.

You can connect the high chirp transducer directly to the eS128 and also have the legacy ST60 transducer connected to the ITC-5 on the same network. The eS128 will see the high chirp transducer as the priority transducer, if this fails and is not seen, the MFD will then automatically look for the next depth source - in this case it will be the legacy ST60 transducer and use this as a depth data source.

The eS127 will share the image from the high chirp transducer on the eS128 over Raynet.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks
Louise
02-05-19, 05:18 PM
Thank you so much and it does. I purchased the wrong chirp thruhull. So the new one is an Cpt-S High Chirp Bronze 20 degree. Does this sense water temp?
02-06-19, 10:03 AM
Dear Sadey,

Many thanks for your query.

The transducer also sense water temperature.

Many Thanks
Louise