Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Latest Axiom update killed the 'Dashboard' app
01-26-19, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-19 10:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Latest Axiom update killed the 'Dashboard' app
I just did the latest Axiom software update, v3.8.97, on my Axiom MFD. I always do the updates with the unit connected to wifi on the boat at my house and this has never been a problem. The update installed successfully, and everything appeared to be working fine. However, I was doing maintenance on the boat shortly after the update and when I went to connect to the 'Dashboard' app to get the hours reading on my outboards, this turned the unit off or continually reset the unit back to the home screen.

I then did the update on my home computer and reinstalled the update on the unit via micro sd card. Same problem. I can't get the dashboard app to connect under any circumstances. Are you getting any similar complaints, or do you have any other suggestions for a fix?? The unit otherwise seems to be working fine, however I haven't had the boat on the water yet to really check everything out.

Thanks!

Mark Berglund
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-19, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-19 11:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Latest Axiom update killed the 'Dashboard' app
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

We haven't yet received any similar reports. Should the MFD not have been configured with custom Dashboard panels (such as may have been created by/for an OEM boat builder) then it would be recommended that your data be backed up, settings be noted, and that a Factory Reset be commanded to address the reported symptom. Should this not address the problem, then please respond with a list of devices which have been interfaced to the MFD.

Should the MFD feature custom Dashboard panels, then please save the systems error logs from the problematic MFD (HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE MFD CRASH LOGS; HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE LOGS; and HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE MFD CRASH LOGS) to a response to this thread to permit a corresponding problem report to be logged to seek a correction to this problem within a future LightHouse 3 software update. Please additionally specify the make and model of boat owned. After doing so, it would be recommended that the MFD's software be downgraded to LightHouse 3 v3.7.70 until such time as Raymarine releases a LightHouse 3 software update which addresses this problem.
01-28-19, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-19 08:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck.. this is happening to mine as well.. I have "Custom" Engine screens and this update constantly makes the Axiom reboot when selecting Engine Data. If you do a Factory Reset..it wipes your custom screens and you cant rebuild them. Have turned entire NMEA System off (no PID Detection).. Still crashes
01-29-19, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Devocean,

Please see my updated initial response to this thread.