Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ARCHIVE.FSH file crashes R-Voyage Planner
01-29-19, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-19 04:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ARCHIVE.FSH file crashes R-Voyage Planner
Chuck I am in the process of installing a new Axiom Pro 12 MFD to replace an E120 MFD whose screen polarizer layer has failed due to UV. I have 12-years of waypoints and routes from cruising the US E Coast and the Bahamas. Due to limitations of the E120 they were divided into two separate ARCHIVE.FSH files on separate CF cards. After reading exiting threads, I was able to edit our problematic records in the US .fsh file and then used Voyage Planner to convert to a .gpx file that the Axiom can read.

The BS .fsh file has been problematic. I inspected & edited it 3 times on the E120 and then took that .fsh file and loaded it on my backup A90 MFD from which I had erased all data. I then edited it; finding no problematic ' or " characters, etc. and saved it as a new .fsh file.

The .fsh to .gpx converter produces a 210 kb .gpx file that only has routes but the waypoints are availble only in the routes not as waypoints. The .fsh file crashes the Voyage Planner software every time I try to import data from it.f

I am uploading the problematic .fsh file for your inspection.

Thank you for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-19, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-19 04:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] ARCHIVE.FSH file crashes R-Voyage Planner
Chuck
I am attaching two .fsh files:

Here is US archives from E120 Jan 2019
01-29-19, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-19 04:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Here is
First: ARCHIVE Bahamas May 2018 from E120.fsh
Saved from E120 in May 2018 as Onward departed Bahamas
01-29-19, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-19 04:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Joe,

used the FSH to GPX Conversion program and encountered no errors during the conversion. Likewise, now errors were encountered when importing the GPX file into a MFD running LightHouse II v19.03 software. In the end, 1010 waypoints (odd ... the E-Series Classic MFDs only supported 1000 waypoints) and 80 routes were imported. It appears that there nothing incorrect with the GPX conversion, although it is unclear why the 1010 waypoints were permitted within the FSH file produced by the MFD. I was also successful in importing this GPX file into Voyage Planner. The resulting GPX file produced by the FSH to GPX Conversion program has been attached to this thread.

Attached File(s)
.gpx  ARCHIVE US 2Jan2019.GPX (Size: 702.5 KB / Downloads: 279)
01-29-19, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-19 04:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, thanks for your help.
...Joe
01-29-19, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-19 04:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Joe,

As indicated, I used GPS Utility to identify a constraint violation with the Bahamas FSH file. Specifically, I found an apostrophe within the comment of the waypoint BELL I NW and within the waypoint MQTO LG A. I corrected these on the E-Series Classic MFD and then produced a new FSH file from the E-Series Classic MFD. I then used the FSH to GPX Conversion program and encountered no errors during the conversion. Likewise, now errors were encountered when importing the GPX file into a MFD running LightHouse II v19.03 software. In the end, 406 waypoints and 82 routes were imported. It appears that there nothing incorrect with the GPX conversion. I was also successful in importing this GPX file into Voyage Planner. It is quite likely that the aforementioned apostrophes had been the cause of the Voyage Planner crash whiche had resulted when importing your original files. The resulting GPX file produced by the FSH to GPX Conversion program has been attached to this thread.

Attached File(s)
.gpx  ARCHIVE Bahamas May 2018 from E120.GPX (Size: 194.96 KB / Downloads: 232)
01-29-19, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-19 09:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
Again my thanks for your efforts.

I downloaded the .gpx files you processed; transferred to a mSD card; imported to Axiom Pro 12. All is good.

...Joe

P.S. Here is a strange factoid: I took the BS archive.fsh file that you cleaned up and read it into the A70; then inspected the problematic Bell I waypoint: no ' character is visible in comments just an extra space. -- Fagettaboutit
01-30-19, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-19 09:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Joe,

Q1. I took the BS archive.fsh file that you cleaned up and read it into the A70; then inspected the problematic Bell I waypoint: no ' character is visible in comments just an extra space. -- Fagettaboutit
A1. As indicated, Raymarine has not offered a product having the name A90, and contrary to this latest statement the MFD is not an A70 A-Series Classic MFD. For the benefit of others who may be reviewing this thread, the customer had clarified that the MFD was an a78 MFD (note the letter case) during a phone conversation yesterday. The a-Series MFDs are designed to operate with LightHouse II software and support GPX files exclusively when operating with v19.03 LiightHouse II software. A-Series Classic MFDs on the other hand exclusively support FSH files.

Q2. I took the BS archive.fsh file that you cleaned up and read it into the A70;
A2. While I may have cleaned up your archive.fsh file, I did not return it to you. I returned the resulting GPX file. I believe that I changed the two occurrences of apostrophes to the character string "ft".
02-01-19, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 08:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
Again thanks for your able assistance.

My apologies for lack of precision in my last post. I recognize the need for precision and accuracy so as not to confuse other and future readers.

In that vein, the my backup MFD is an A70D (see attached photo).

I used this to re-inspect the BS .fsh file that I provided to you. As you correctly state, you did not send back the BS .fsh file after you inspected and cleaned it up before converting it to the .gpx format which you did provide to me.

When I looked at my BS .fsh file's waypoint where you found the problematic ' character, the A70D showed only a space. I know I had previously edited this waypoint on the E120 to remove the ' in the comment section. I had also inspected it on the A70D before sending it to you. ....still a mystery (intellectual not critical to me) why inspection software you use saw a ' character were the E120 and A70D did not.

As I still need a BS .fsh file to use in the backup A70D, could you send back a cleaned up copy?

Thanks ...Joe

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-01-19, 08:58 AM
Joe,

See attachment.

Attached File(s)
.fsh  ARCHIVE.FSH (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 242)