Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Downloaded Update Failed
01-29-19, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-19 11:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Downloaded Update Failed
New Axiom 12 RV Im working with. I updated the unit yesterday to the latest LH3 firmware 3.8.97, and updated my Navionics charts as well.

I then took the unit to the boat and plugged it into the same system an a128 previously installed. There is a SeaTalk/SeaTalkNg converter plugged in that has a legacy Type 100 CC and ST7001+ autopilot, and a DSM300 plugged in via the Raynet.

I received notice of 2 downloads, one for the Axiom 12 RV, and the second for the Seatalk/SeaTalkNG converter. Converter firmware updated just fine, however, the Axiom downloaded over 1GB, then failed giving the explanation, "Some Updates failed", and "Timed out" in red.

I also attached a screen shot of the SD card, I suspect this has something to do with the issue.

Please advise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-19, 11:57 AM
RE: [CA11] Downloaded Update Failed
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dtfeld,

Unlike the Axiom Pro and Axiom XL MFDs which will download the software update files to the internal memory of the MFDs, the Axiom MFDs will download the software update files the microSD memory card within the MFD's memory card. Should the microSD memory card be one's Navionics, C-Map, or LightHouse chart card, then is it quite possible that an Axiom MFD will be unable to save all of the data required to perform the software update onto the chart card. Should this occur, then it would be recommended that an empty microSD memory card be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader when performing the software update via Wi-Fi or that the software update compress folder be downloaded from Raymarine's website to a computer's Downloads folder. The software update file contained therein may then be extracted to the root level directory of an empty microSD memory card which may then be used to update the MFD's software.
01-30-19, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-19 04:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I reinstalled 3.8.97 from a microSD card (i was already at that version).

I think the issue is the presentation on the online update pages. It doesnt tell me I'm at the current version.

If I try to update again via the SD card, the Axiom 12 RV (this device) does not have a green check next to it, and the Update radio button is greyed out. If I try to check the box, I get a message "i Reinstall software - Do you want to reinstall the current Software v3.8.97?"

If I Check Online, the green box is checked, and the Update radio button is live., indicating to me there is an available update. It will allow me to download and attemp to install an "update". However, further investigation, there is a small i, and if touched will Show the "Current version: v3.8.97", the "New version v3.8.97, and File size: 1GB.

I think the online update need to do a compare and advise that the software is at the latest version, the same way the SD card function does. Its confusing, an eating up a couple of GB's of mobile data at the boat is a waste.
01-30-19, 04:27 PM
Detfeld,

The currently installed version of software may always be determined by simply using the command sequence HOME->SETTINGS. The Getting Started tab of the displayed dialog will always list the currently installed version of software. Additionally, the currently installed version of software is specified in the lower right hand corner of the Limitations of Use dialog which must be examined each time that the MFD is switched ON. As indicated within my initial response, it would be recommended that an empty microSD memory card be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader when performing the software update via Wi-Fi.