Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] File location for Spotify App?
01-31-19, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-19 09:12 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] File location for Spotify App?
I am using the Spotify app on a Axiom 12 and streaming to a BT head unit. I love this feature, and it works well.

However, I use the download function to reduce usage of limited data, and thought that the data was being stored on the inserted mSD card. However, it appears to play even without the card inserted. This leads to a couple questions.

1. Where is the downloaded music on the Axiom? Can you select the location to download Spotify app music? And finally, can you transfer those files from internal to external mSD card so as to not fill up the Axioms internal memory?

2. If you have an additional card reader, can you save it on the internal mSD and use a card reader for the maps and other things that need updating?
Find all posts by this user
02-01-19, 10:23 AM
RE: [LW11] File location for Spotify App?
Dear dtfeld,

Thank you for your query.

Spotify does store downloaded files to the internal memory, however, you can change this within the settings of the Spotify app to an external memory card.

There is an option under “Your library” (within the Spotify app) > Settings > Storage (scroll right to the bottom). There you can select the SD card, and doing so will also move any already downloaded tracks to the card.

This is not the case for Netflix as there is not the option for downloading Netflix files currently.

Our Axioms can take up to 2TB when using a Micro SDXC card, it will require formatting to NTFS or FAT32.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks
Louise
02-03-19, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-19 08:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Louise, Thank you for the information. This helps a lot.
02-04-19, 11:19 AM
You are welcome.
Thread Closed