Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Networking seatalk to seatalkng
01-31-19, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 01:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Networking seatalk to seatalkng
.ok lets see how wrong i am. Currently i have the st7001+ st60+ and type 100 course computer networked to rl80c display. My questions are
1. Can i network my st7001+ st60+ and type 100 to communicate to an e97 mfd.
2. If i can is the attached diagram i made the correct configuration.
On the bottom right of my diagram highlighted pink are future ad ons that i currently do not have but will in the near future purchase. But i figured while im here see if there networked correctly as well.
Here is an attachment yp my diagram. I'm sorry i couldn't figure out how to make ir small enough to attach directly
http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab265...agh3rs.jpg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-19, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 01:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Networking seatalk to seatalkng
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jschanter,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As the Type 100 autopilot course computer's design pre-dates the Type 150/400 autopilot course computer, it may not be interfaced to the system via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Instead, it would be recommended that
- the ST7000 and Type 1 autopilot course computer be disconnected from the SeaTalk bus, leaving only the ST60 instrument to be interfaced to the ST-STng Converter
- the NMEA 0183 Port 1 Output of one of the e97 MFDs be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 input port of either the ST7000 or the Type 100 autopilot course computer

The diagram be modified to show that the e97 MFDs will be interfaced to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

The diagram also incorrectly show that e97 MFDs have been interfaced to the backbone sockets of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Instead, you will need to add two additional spur (white) sockets to the backbone created by the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The MFD's in turn would be interfaced to these spur socket via and appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. SeaTalkng Termination Plugs will be installed within the backbone's two unoccupied backbone (blue) sockets.
02-02-19, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-19 12:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have rerouted the cables on my drawings from what i got out of your response. Well atleast i think i did it correct this time. http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab265...y3k0yg.jpg
If that's correct tge only remaining question is what kind of cable to i use to go from the back of the e97 to the nmea +- inputs on the 100 course computer? I know you said a raynet cable so doesthat mean i cut off one end and splice the cables in a certain configuration? If so what's that configuration? Thank you!

Update: I think i have figured out what you mean with the nmea 0183 connection. Port 1 yellow goes to the positive nmea on the type 100 and the port1 brown goes tothe negative on the type 100 computer? Then connect type 100 computer to st7001+ via seatalk. That should conclude the autopilot connections allowing me to plot my routs on the e97 and use the st7001+ to control track ?
02-04-19, 09:56 AM
Jschanter,

Q1. I have rerouted the cables on my drawings from what i got out of your response. Well atleast i think i did it correct this time. http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab265...y3k0yg.jpg
A1. This diagram is incorrect with respect the construction of the backbone specifically:

a) it shows a direct connection from the backbone (blue) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter to the e97 MFD. Devices must be connected to a Spur Cable, which in turn must be interfaced to a spur (white) socket within the a SeaTalkng T-Piece, SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector, SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, or SeaTalkng Inline Terminator. Accordingly the diagram should be corrected to show a SeaTalkng Backbone Cable connected to the ST-STng Converter's backbone (blue) socket having a SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector on its other end. A SeaTalkng Termination Plug will be inserted into the 5-Way Connector's unoccupied backbone (blue) socket. A appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable will then link one of the spur (white) sockets of the 5-Way Connector to each MFD's SeaTalkng spur (white) socket.

b) it shows a T-Piece being connected to a spur (white) socket of the ST-STng Converter. T-Pieces, 5-Way Connectors, ST-STng Converters, SeaTalkng Inline Couplers, and iTC-5's are designed to be installed as backbone components which are joined to one another using SeaTalkng Backbone Cables. T-Pieces, 5-Way Connectors, ST-STng Converters, SeaTalkng Inline Couplers, and iTC-5's are designed to be backbone components to which they system's devices will in turn be individually interfaced.

Q2. If that's correct tge only remaining question is what kind of cable to i use to go from the back of the e97 to the nmea +- inputs on the 100 course computer?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q3. I know you said a raynet cable so doesthat mean i cut off one end and splice the cables in a certain configuration? If so what's that configuration?
A3. Negative. Should you click on the link to the Ethernet networking components provided within my initial response, it will display the corresponding Raymarine Ethernet Networking Components web page. The Ethernet socket of each MFD is designed to accept a RayNet (F) plug. Accordingly and as the MFDs are the only devices identified having an Ethernet interface, these MFDs will be interfaced to one another via Raymarine Ethernet cable having a RayNet (F) plug on each end.

Q4. I think i have figured out what you mean with the nmea 0183 connection. Port 1 yellow goes to the positive nmea on the type 100 and the port1 brown goes tothe negative on the type 100 computer? Then connect type 100 computer to st7001+ via seatalk. That should conclude the autopilot connections allowing me to plot my routs on the e97 and use the st7001+ to control track ?
A4. Correct, correct, and correct.