Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] SeaTalkng NMEA2000 interface
02-01-19, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 11:12 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] SeaTalkng NMEA2000 interface
i have a hybrid instrument system on my boat [Beneteau 473]. When I bought the boat the original Raymarine autopilot control head screen had become “cloudy” and difficult to read. I opted to upgrade the autopilot computer to the Evolution ACU-400, EV-1 and p70s control head. We kept the original hydraulic drive and rudder sensor. The previous owner had installed a B&G Zeus2 chart plotter and Triton Instruments [NMEA2000]. I would like to connect both systems so that the wind information from the B&G [NMEA2000] can be sent to the Raymarine network [SeaTalkng], and used on the autopilot. Please see attached schematic diagram of instrument layout. Is it as simple as connecting the backbones of the two systems? Or is an interface box required to interfacer signal protocols or connection fittings. Any information you can provide to accomplish this would be most helpful. Thank you.

Regards,

David Tesar
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-19, 11:58 AM
RE: [LW11] SeaTalkng NMEA2000 interface
Dear wizard,

All of the Raymarine products are NMEA2000 compliant and can integrate together. You will need to buy an adaptor cable for STng to Devicenet. The cable can plug straight into your NMEA2000 backbone as a spur and attach to the ACU of the autopilot.

Devicenet (female) to STng spur adaptor cable (1m) A06075
Devicenet (male) to STng spur adaptor cable (1m) A06076

Please ensure you do not power the NMEA2000 backbone twice, ensure you read all installation guidance relating to connecting the spur to the ACU.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply