Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9: LightHouse 3 V3.8.97 reboot and network problem
02-01-19, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 01:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9: LightHouse 3 V3.8.97 reboot and network problem
LH 3 V3.6.32 has been running without any issues on both the data master and slave since I purchased both units. The slave was recently sent back to Raymarine for a power swipe issue. The slave unit came back from Raymarine upgraded to LH 3 V3.8.97.

Upon re-installation, the slave keeps rebooting. It also turns on by itself after being powered down via swipe button.

Furthermore, the unit will not "see" the transducer/fishfinder data from the DM connected via Raynet.

While I was troubleshooting I switched the Axiom 9 RV (V3.6.32) from DM to slave and made the Axiom 9 (V 3.8.97) the DM. After this, the Axiom 9 RV (V3.6.32) also started rebooting at random intervals.

I have downgraded both units to V3.7.70 and the random reboots have dissapeared and both units display the fishfinder with data from the transducer. In other words, everything is back in order.

Hope this helps optimize the latest version of LH 3.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-19, 01:55 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9: LightHouse 3 V3.8.97 reboot and network problem
Welcome to the Rayamrine Forum paler,

When two or more MFDs have been interfaced to one another within an Ethernet network, each MFD must have the same version of software installed within its memory. In this case, it would have been recommended that you have updated the Axiom 9 RV (V3.6.32) with LightHouse 3 v3.8.97 software. Should this not have been done previously, then it would be recommended that this action be undertaken to resolve the reported issue. Should the problem persist, then please indicate whether an Axiom RV Transducer Y-Cable has been installed (i.e. one which would both and RV transducer and a 50kHz/200kHz transducer to be interfaced to the MFD's Transducer socket).
02-01-19, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-19 03:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck.

There is no Y cable. The RV-100 transducer plugs straight into the Axiom RV and shares the data via Raynet with the non sonar Axiom.

It is working fine (on the trailer) with LightHouse 3 v3.7.70 software. Will sea trial this weekend and may upgrade once confirmed that the both units are performing correctly.

Is it necessary to remove the Ethernet network while updating software via SD card?
02-01-19, 03:27 PM
Paler,

Q. Is it necessary to remove the Ethernet network while updating software via SD card?
A. Negative.
02-07-19, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-19 02:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Great, thanks!
02-07-19, 02:52 PM
You're welcome.