Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Connecting i60 to SeaTalkng
02-02-19, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-19 11:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Connecting i60 to SeaTalkng
I am planning to upgrade my SeaTalk network to SeaTalkng and use the iTC-5 for the transducers. Later I will gradually replace the old ST60 and want to avoid doing difficult cabling to the displays multiple times.

The cables from the backbone and the area where the i60 and ST60 are located are very hard to wire. The space where the instruments are located are also very limited. Due to this I would like to avoid running cables multiple times when I gradually replace the ST60. I will aslo have a hard time to fit the SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng converter kit at the area of the instruments.

The i60 can be connected to both ST ng and ST, when using the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng adaptor cables.

Q: Can I connect the i60 to a SeaTalkng network and from the i60 connect the ST60 using SeaTalk cables?

Attaching a simplified drawing, not showing the other devices such as MFD, AIS, radar, autopilot etc. Or how I plan to power the SeaTalkng network.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  i60.pdf (Size: 1.46 MB / Downloads: 200)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-19, 11:59 AM
RE: [CA11] Connecting i60 to SeaTalkng
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jonas,

It is not possible to interface the equipment in the manner which is displayed within your diagram. Raymarine's i50/i60/i70/p70/p70R/p70S/p7RS displays are each designed to support either SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications or SeaTalk communications. However, these displays are not designed to simultaneously support eaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications and SeaTalk communications. Accordingly, they may not be simultaneously interfaced to as a spur to a SeaTalkng backbone and daisy chained to a device's SeaTalk communications interface.

Given the equipment shown and how you have grouped the equipment, it would be recommended that the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector to which the i60 Close Hauled instrument has been connected be replaced with an E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. After doing so,

- best practice: the i60 Close Hauled and i60 Depth may be interface to the spur (white) sockets of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The daisy chained ST60 Wind and ST60 Speed, would then be connected to the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter using the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the kit.

- alternate method: the daisy chain comprised of the i60 Close Hauled, ST60 Wind, ST60 Speed, and i60 Depth be connected to the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter using the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the kit.

Finally, a SeaTalkng Power Cable must be connected to a switched 12VDC power circuit and then connected to one of the unoccupied spur (white) sockets within the 5-Way Connector or iTC-5.
Find all posts by this user
02-05-19, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-19 08:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-19, 08:53 AM
You're welcome.
Find all posts by this user