Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 7 not reading i50 nor i60, and no space for updates
02-03-19, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-19 10:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 7 not reading i50 nor i60, and no space for updates
hi all

I just got my new Axiom 7 and connected it as instructed to the i50 using the A06045, yet the Axiom will find the uniit. I have also tried with the i60 but same results

any hints?

in addition, although a brand new unit, it seems to need an update, but when I tried to update I get an error saying inefficient internal memory, anything I should do before trying to update?

Regards
Andres
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-19, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-19 11:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7 not reading i50 nor i60, and no space for updates
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Andres,

Q1. I just got my new Axiom 7 and connected it as instructed to the i50 using the A06045, yet the Axiom will find the uniit. I have also tried with the i60 but same results ... any hints?
A1. It is not possible to interface the MFD to the instrument(s) in the manner which you have specified. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. in addition, although a brand new unit, it seems to need an update, but when I tried to update I get an error saying inefficient internal memory, anything I should do before trying to update?
A2. Unlike the Axiom Pro and Axiom XL MFDs which will download the software update files to the internal memory of the MFDs, the Axiom MFDs will download the software update files to a microSD memory card within the MFD's memory card. Should the microSD memory card be one's Navionics, C-Map, or LightHouse chart card, then is it quite possible that an Axiom MFD will be unable to save all of the data required to perform the software update onto the chart card. Should this occur, then it would be recommended that an empty microSD memory card be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader when performing the software update via Wi-Fi or that the software update compress folder be downloaded from Raymarine's website to a computer's Downloads folder. In the case of the latter, the software update file contained therein may then be extracted to the root level directory of an empty microSD memory card which may then be used to update the MFD's software.
02-08-19, 08:26 PM
Hi Chuck

OK, thanks

Regards
02-11-19, 10:01 AM
You're welcome.