Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Chartplotter COG Vector
02-03-19, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-19 10:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Chartplotter COG Vector
I have a C Series Chartplotter about 10 years old. The time taken to obtain a fix on startup was becoming longer. I have replaced the antenna with a RS150 together with a Seatalk Converter. The fix is now much faster and reliable. The only downside is that the COG readout and Vector is showing about 20 degrees greater than actual. The heading readout is fine. Our local Magnetic Variation here in Auckland New Zealand is 19 degrees East, which seems an odd coincidence.
Question: How can I correct this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-19, 10:27 AM
RE: [CA11] Chartplotter COG Vector
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Florence,

The reported symptom may be encountered in ST-STng Converters which have not been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update. Unfortunately, it is not possible to update ST-STng Converters via a C-Series Classic MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing software within your Raymarine products. If updating the ST-STng Converter's software, it is also recommended that the RS150's software level be checked and updated if found to not be current.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply