Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 12 Pro Flush mount
02-04-19, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-19 03:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 12 Pro Flush mount
I can't seem to find the template to flush mount the axiom 12 pro.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-19, 03:45 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 12 Pro Flush mount
Willy81,

The flush mount template for the Axiom Pro MFDs may be found here.
02-05-19, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-19 09:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
That is showing the surface mount template right? Do you just cut to the size list as "actual unit (Not including Bezel)?
If so what is the depth of the screen?
02-06-19, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-19 03:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Willy81,

Per the Chapter 3.2: Mounting options of the Axiom Pro MFD Installation Instructions, Raymarine has only offered mounting options for surface mounting or trunion mounting the Axiom Pro MFDs. The template you have been provided a link to addresses the holes to be cut when surface mounting the MFD. If seeking a flush mounted MFD installation, Axiom XL MFDs would be recommended. Installation depths for Raymarine Axiom Pro MFDs are specified within the Product dimensions section of Chapter 3.1: Selecting a location of the Axiom Pro MFD Installation Instructions.
02-06-19, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-19 11:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I am having an acrylic dash made and my other displays will be flush mounted, looking at the support files I see a rear mount option for the 12 pro. Would this be an option?
02-06-19, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-19 03:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Willy81,

I fully understand the appearance which you are trying to achieve. Unlike the mounting options for mounting Axiom MFDs and Axiom XL MFDs, I am aware of no option for a rear mounting kit / provision for the Axiom Pro MFDs. I have confirmed this response with the program manager who introduced the Axiom Pro MFDs. Should you have Raymarine documentation indicating something to the contrary, then please attach it to a response to this thread.
02-06-19, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-19 03:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I've done MANY installs mounting these IN the dash, mostly fiberglass or aluminum. The only thing your going to have to do, is be super careful drilling the four holes (one in each corner of the plotter already) in the the acrylic. Now, honestly, it depends how stout the acrylic is. You only get maybe 1/2" AROUND the plotter for a mating surface (exactly like the gasket). If the plotter, bouncing on the boat, pressing on the screen, and some pressure to stabilize your balance is MORE than that surface area allows for (and not causing it to crack), then your good. The supplied surface mount gasket may be used between the underside of the plotter face and the new acrylic dash. Its pretty darn flush and skinny. Once the plotter is installed, the plotter face is only proud 1/2". If it isn't, you will want the Axiom XL series. They mount completely different and will be VERY self-supporting. Fiberglass and aluminum happily support that weight. Acrylic may not...

I hope that helps.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-19, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-19 02:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have attached the PDF found on the support section
02-06-19, 03:10 PM
Willy81,

The document which you have referenced has simply been provided to supply a drawing which was more detailed than that which was included within the Axiom Pro MFD Installation Guide. It was not intended specifically to support rear mounting of an Axiom Pro MFD.
04-16-19, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-19 08:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I wanted to follow up with what we did for the installation.
We used 1/2 acrylic dash, surface mounted the 12 pro to the original helm and had the acrylic cut to the outside dimensions of the 12 pro. Then we flush mounted the axiom 12 and 7

It came out great

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2876]