Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updatin RC435 from v01.04
05-03-16, 04:19 PM
Updatin RC435 from v01.04
I just bought a boat that has an RC435 installed that is at version 1.04. I would like to upgrade it to the current version of 1.11. I realize that this is an old plotter, but I hope that the answers are still available even though Raymarine no longer supports this model.

Can the version 1.09 upgrade be applied directly to the 1.04 version, following the 1.08 update instructions of doing the 1.09 boot code first, then the 1.09 system code? Or, would I need to update to version 1.08 first, assuming that version could be found?

Is the CF compatibility program still available so that I can determine if a particular CF card of <= 256MB capacity will work for this, or should I just try saving waypoints to see if it works?

One more question, what is the largest capacity CF card that this model will support? 256MB or more?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-16, 09:14 AM
RE: Updatin RC435 from v01.04
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum GreenGiant49,

Before investing any time or money in updating the software of a RC435/RC435i/RC400, it is strongly recommended that Navionics be contacted to ensure that they can still provide compatible chart cards for your chartplotter should you not already have a compatible chart card(s) for the waters being navigated.

Q1. Can the version 1.09 upgrade be applied directly to the 1.04 version, following the 1.08 update instructions of doing the 1.09 boot code first, then the 1.09 system code? Or, would I need to update to version 1.08 first, assuming that version could be found?
A1. While the RC435/RC435i may be updated frome v1.04 directly to v1.09, it is strongly recommended that the full sequence of updates be performed by Raymarine’s Product Repair Center. With display's having software as old as v1.04, the display is likely in need of a hardware modification to prevent low voltage reboots. At the time of this response, Raymarine's Product Repair Center indicated that the required parts were still available to perform the hardware modification. The cost to perform the hardware modification, update the display's software, and return ship via UPS Ground (US Only) would be $75. A copy of this thread should be included within the package.

Q2. Is the CF compatibility program still available so that I can determine if a particular CF card of <= 256MB capacity will work for this, or should I just try saving waypoints to see if it works?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply