The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymarine A-Series for Dummies? (HELP!)
05-04-16, 05:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-16 09:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Raymarine A-Series for Dummies? (HELP!)
I'm not new to boating, but very new to current technology electronics. I have 2 major issues with my 1-year old Raymarine a98 (& a simple question). (My last was a third party depth-finder in the '80's on a smaller boat)

1) Not sure if there's a setting off or what, but I can't get the display to show "head up" in the "head up" mode. My brother had an a120 and he tried once and also couldn't get it to leave "north up". He said it worked fine on his boat.

2) I finally got a Navionics Platinum+ card (Santa) and loaded it last week. It works and looks fine on the computer, but doesn't show close to shore depths when selected on the MFD. When I zoom out, it shows what appears to be 21 feet in areas I know to be around 5-6 feet. Not sure if the card is all messed up or if I just have no clue what I'm doing.

3) There are 2 slots that look like they are for micro SD cards. Are they both the same or is the lower slot something different? (I couldn't put a card in the lower slot)

Sorry to ask when you might want to say "read the manual", but read through a bit and didn't find my answers. My time is very limited so I'm hoping for some help to get "pointed in the right direction".

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Raymarine A-Series for Dummies? (HELP!) - stevefazio - 05-04-16 05:06 AM