Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Two "why" questions about RayControl
02-07-19, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-19 10:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Two "why" questions about RayControl
Not expecting a solid answer here but here goes:

1) RayControl is available for iPad but not iPhone. I get that the buttons would be small on a phone but some of the iPhones are pretty large these days. Any chance you can lift this artificial limitation?

2) The one thing I was really hoping I could do with RayControl: make a course correction. But this is explicitly prohibited, at least with my setup. Why? There are other options for remote control, so it isn't that. Clearly it is not a technological thing. Can we get that restriction removed also?

Thanks
Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-19, 10:59 AM
RE: [CA11] Two "why" questions about RayControl
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chris,

Thanks for the product feedback. Indeed, the screen sizes of some smartphones have grown significantly since the introduction of Raymarine's Mobile apps. A feature request will be considered to permit RayControl to be installed onto smartphones meeting the minimum screen size requirement currently required for tablets. A feature request will also be submitted to consider support for autopilot control via Raymarine's mobile apps.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
02-08-19, 11:27 AM
Excellent, thank you!
02-08-19, 12:24 PM
You're welcome.