The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] es128/i70 display/st60plus wind and speed displays
02-11-19, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-19 04:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question [TG11] es128/i70 display/st60plus wind and speed displays
Issues

1. Cannot calibrate st60 plus wind speed to match correct wind speed. Correction set to min 0.75 where manual says 0.7. I am close but still wind indicator reads high.

2. Wind direction is calibrated correctly on ST60 plus but es128 shows wind direction at least 45 degrees offset?

3. ST60 plus speed log display has a brown square on inside of the glass of the display. About 1.5 inches square. Is this heat damage? Do I need to replace? If replace - what with ?

4. Both es128 and i70 mfds cannot be set to nautical miles or nm-m. Defaults to statute miles. Consider this dangerous for cruising?

5. I have kept the old seatalk autopilot and st60 plus instruments as have works well. With the issues I am having now I am wondering what I can do at reasonable cost. Don't replace what is not broken? Would an itc-5 for analog instrument transducers help? Would the old st60 plus displays work with the seatalk 1 and seatalkng interface. The new autopilot interface and rotary positioner for the es128 is not cheap to buy.

While wind direction and speed are not critical to cruising it would be nice to work out whats wrong.

Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] es128/i70 display/st60plus wind and speed displays - jjlarogers@iinet.net.au - 02-11-19 02:48 PM