Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Raymarine axiom 9 rv
02-11-19, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-19 10:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Raymarine axiom 9 rv
What’s up everyone? So I have a axiom 9 rv with the rv transducer on the boat, i also just bought the quantum radar and I’m looking to purchase another axiom but I would like to know if it’s possible to get. a sonar module for them and if I can get a 1kw transducer even if I connect it just to one axiom? Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-19, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-19 10:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Raymarine axiom 9 rv
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Paulo,

It is indeed possible to another Axiom MFD (no need for internal fishfinder circuitry within the additional MFD(s) as they are designed to share resources Ethernet communications) to the system. Each MFD, the Quantum Radome (if using a Data Cable or Digital Radar Cable), and the new CP470/CP570 CHIRP Sounder Module or CP370 50kHz/200kHz Sounder Module would be networked to one another via a HS5 RayNet Network Switch.
02-12-19, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-19 03:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the quick response. How about the Raymarine RVX1000 3D Chirp Sonar Module E70511? Will this work and I would like to add a 1 kw transducer on one of the units. What’s my options for the transducer?

I forgot to mention that I have the rv100 transducer and I wanna keep it, I simply want to add a 1kw transducer. I already purchased the hs5 raynet network switch
02-13-19, 08:43 AM
Paulo,

Raymarine offer 1kW CHIRP and 1kW 50kHz/200kHz transducers. If seeking to add a 1kW CHIRP transducer(s), then a CP470 or CP570 CHIRP Sounder Module would be networked to the aforementioned HS5 RayNet Network Switch. If seeking to add a 1kW 50kHz/200kHz transducer, then a CP370 Sounder Module would be networked to HS5 RayNet Network Switch. When both MFDs and the sounder module are interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch, then it will be possible to view RealVison, DownVision, SideVision, low power high frequency CHIRP sonar imagery on either MFD. It will also be possible to view sonar imagery from one of the aforementioned sonar modules on either MFD.
02-13-19, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-19 07:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks chuck helped me out a lot, appreciated. Chuck will the cp 470 work with the the rv100 transducer? Just one more question , which are the cables that connect from the hs5 switch to all the add ons? In this case I need for the radar and the module, the transducer and the screens. Are they all the same? If not are u able to tell me which cables they are? Thanks a lot bud
02-14-19, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-19 11:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Paulo,

As indicated within my initial response, the Axiom MFD which will be added to the system need not have any internal fishfinder sonar circuitry. When the system's MFDs are interfaced via Ethernet, each MFD will have access to all of the system's resources. If interfacing the Quantum radome to the system via a Quantum Data Cable or Digital Radar Cable (w/RayNet (F) plug), then this cable will also be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.

- Each MFD and the CP470 will be interfaced to an A80007 HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

- The RV-100 will be interfaced to your Axiom 9 RV MFD's Transducer socket

- The 1kW CHIRP Transducer(s) will be interfaced to the Transducer socket of the CP470 CHIRP Sounder Module
02-16-19, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-19 10:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Will this unit with chart plotter only work?
Will i be able to see all the transducers on this unit screen once everything is connected thru the hs5 switch?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2663]

One last question, will this unit work with my axiom rv100 transducers?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2664]

Thanks and I’m sorry for so many questions
02-19-19, 10:44 AM
Paulo,

Please note that only one MFD or fishfinder sounder module within the two-MFD system you are seeking to create need have internal RealVision Sounder Circuitry. As you have stated that you presently own an Axiom 9 RV MFD, this requirement has been satisfied. Accordingly, it would not be necessary for any additional MFDs or fishfinder sounder modules within your system to feature internal RealVision Sounder Circuitry. Axxordingly, the RVX1000 would not be recommended for this application. Should the CP470 CHIRP Fishfinder Sounder Module (a cost savings over the RVX1000) with compatible 1kW CHIRP transducer be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch, then each of the system's MFDs would feature the ability to display RealVison, DownVision, SideVision, low power high frequency CHIRP sonar, and 1kW CHIRP sonar imagery, radar (via your recently purchased Quantum radome, and cartography from a single chart card within the reader of either of the system's MFDs.
02-24-19, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-19 09:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
See attachment
02-25-19, 09:20 AM
Paulo,

No question accompanied your previously submitted photo. Should this photo be address a subject other than adding sonar features to the Axiom MFD (the original subject of this thread), then please create new thread to address your latest question.