Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] replacing C80 with two E80's Seatalk connection
02-15-19, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-19 09:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] replacing C80 with two E80's Seatalk connection
Chuck - You have been very helpful - I have one last question regarding the high speed network interfacing between the two E80 MFD's (one at helm and one at nav).
It looks like I can get my hands on a E55058 Network Hub, but the specific E55049 cables may be more difficult - can I use standard HS Network cables in their place or are the E55049 cables Raymarine specific and cannot be replaced with standard Network cables?? Thank you again - Andy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-19, 09:18 AM
RE: [CA11] replacing C80 with two E80's Seatalk connection
Andy,

Unlike common RJ45 sockets, the SeaTalkhs sockets of Raymarine products lack the recess utilized by common RJ45 plugs to lock the plug into the socket. RJ45 plugs will not lock into a SeaTalkhs socket and will not seal the socket. Unlike standard CAT5/6 Ethernet cables which have been terminated with RJ45 plug, Raymarine's SeaTalkhs Ethernet are designed from marine grade shielded cable and feature a SeaTalkhs plug which is not only designed to properly align, seat, and secure the plug within the MFD's SeaTalk socket, but the plug also seals and protects the MFD's Ethernet port from the marine environment. Although today's Raymarine products utilize Ethernet cables which have been terminated with RayNet (F) plugs, SeaTalkhs Cables may continue to be ordered from Raymarine dealers. For system's which may be updated in the future with currently manufactured or future Raymarine products, it would be recommended that a HS5 RayNet Network Switch (designed to better withstand the marine environment) and RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Ethernet Cables be used to interface these older products. RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Ethernet Cable may be adapted (part #A80272) to be mated to a SeaTalkhs socket.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply