Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom ProRVX, Side Vision/3D Vision/Real Vision/CP570
02-12-19, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-19 09:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom ProRVX, Side Vision/3D Vision/Real Vision/CP570
Can the Axiom Pro RVX With all the Sonar bells and whistles, and added CP570 Added with a 2kw transducer to my network, can it determine what the ocean floor is composed of?? Sand/Mud/Rock/Gravel. Or, what do I need to determine what the ocean floor is composed of.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-19, 10:00 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom ProRVX, Side Vision/3D Vision/Real Vision/CP570
Q. Can the Axiom Pro RVX With all the Sonar bells and whistles, and added CP570 Added with a 2kw transducer to my network, can it determine what the ocean floor is composed of?? Sand/Mud/Rock/Gravel. Or, what do I need to determine what the ocean floor is composed of.
A. Most downward shooting fishfinders have a degree of this capability in that the sonar energy will not only bounce of the surface of the bottom but will penetrate the bottom's surface as well. Harder bottoms (sand, gravel, rock) will produce a thinner band of the same color (color depends upon palette chosen) beneath the surface of the bottom. Similarly, softer bottoms (mud) will produce a thicker band of the same color (color depends upon palette chosen) beneath the surface of the bottom. When viewing SideVision sonar, brighter areas denote harder bottom or objects. This is demonstrated by a competitor's fishfinding product in the video found here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply